Varicose Veins Treatment in Houston, TX
We Can Help Alleviate Your Varicose Vein Symptoms
Premier Vein & Vascular Center provides varicose vein treatment options to residents in Houston, TX. If you suffer from a vascular condition or venous disorder, you understand the importance of working with a reliable medical professional. We strive to understand patient concerns and develop effective vein treatments to restore their health. No matter how long it takes, we are dedicated to finding the right diagnosis or treatment for you. If you’re experiencing pain in your legs, swelling in your feet, discolored skin, or any other signs of poor vein health, you’ve come to the right place.
What Are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are superficial veins that are twisted and enlarged. Most commonly, these veins affect the legs due to standing and walking, increasing the pressure within them.
What Causes Varicose Veins?
Weak or damaged vein walls and valves most commonly cause varicose veins. If your vein walls or valves are weak or damaged, blood can flow backward and pool in the veins, causing the veins to stretch or twist. The stretching and twisting can cause veins to lose their elasticity, weakening the valves.
What Are the Symptoms of Varicose Veins?
Although varicose veins may not always cause pain, they can. If varicose veins afflict you, there are some usual signs and symptoms. Varicose vein symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Dark blue or purple veins
- Twisted and bulging veins
- Changes in surrounding skin color
- Achy or heavy feelings in the legs
- Itching around the varicose veins
- Worsened pain after sitting or standing for a long time
- Burning, throbbing, muscle cramping, and swelling in the lower legs
How to Prevent Varicose Veins From Worsening
While varicose veins are not always possible to prevent, there are several simple steps one can take to enhance the blood flow in their legs. Doing these can prevent varicose veins from worsening:
- Exercise Regularly – Leg exercises can help prevent the appearance of new varicose veins.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight – Losing weight can help place less stress on your legs as well as help prevent new varicose from forming.
- Avoid Prolonged Periods Sitting or Standing – Sitting or standing for prolonged periods can cause less blood flow to move from your legs to your heart.
- Avoid Tight-Fitting Clothing – This can put unnecessary pressure on your legs.
- Put Your Feet Up – Doing this will help blood flow more easily toward the heart.
- Wear Compression Socks – Pressure on the lower leg helps blood move back toward the heart.
What Type of Treatment Is Available for Varicose Veins?
There are numerous effective methods for varicose vein treatment available. Treatment options for varicose veins include compression stalkings, diuretic therapy, and leg elevation. There are also new technologies available for patients with a more severe case of varicose veins. One treatment option for severe varicose veins is radiofrequency ablation, which involves placing a catheter in the vein and closing it. Radiofrequency ablation is an outpatient procedure and is usually done in the office.
Contact Us Today for Varicose Vein Treatment
If you are suffering from varicose veins, the professionals at Premier Vein & Vascular Center can help alleviate your symptoms. Our professionals possess a wealth of knowledge in oncology procedures, dialysis fistula maintenance, venous access procedures, and more. If you’re looking for varicose vein treatment and symptom alleviation, look no further than our premier facility in Houston. Contact us today to schedule a consultation at your earliest convenience. We look forward to working with you.