LEARN MORE ABOUT US
We are committed to providing the best experience for all of our clients by keeping you informed. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions patients have about Premier Vein & Vascular Center. If you have any other questions, or would like to schedule an appointment, we would love to hear from you.
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER VEIN TREATMENTS AT PREMIER VEIN & VASCULAR CENTER?
All major insurance companies, including Medicare, cover vein treatments at our center. Please contact our office at 832-772-4899 to see if your insurance company covers vein treatments.
WHAT ARE VARICOSE VEINS?
Varicose veins are enlarged veins that are common around the legs and feet area.
WHAT ARE SPIDER VEINS?
Spider veins are smaller varicose veins that resemble “spider webs” or tree branches and are found closer to the skin’s surface. They are commonly on the legs and can also be found on the face. They can look like tree branches and thin red lines.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF VARICOSE VEINS?
Although the varicose veins that we see are only skin deep, the problem usually lies further underneath the skin. Veins are responsible for getting blood from the legs back up to the heart. Because the blood has to move up against gravity, veins have a series of one way valves to keep blood flowing up in the right direction. In some people, the veins can become stretched out so that the valve leaflets do not close all the way, and some of the blood leaks backwards. This causes the veins below to have increased pressure and therefore start to bulge out. This is what we see from the skin as a varicose vein.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE VEIN DISEASE?
You may have vein disease if you experience pain, aching, or heaviness in your legs or pelvis. Other symptoms include ankle or leg swelling, cramping in the legs at night, numbness in the feet, and burning or itching in the legs.
- Discomfort and pain aches around the feet and ankles
- Swelling of the veins
- Veins that appear blue or dark purple
- Itching veins and burning/throbbing muscle cramping in the lower legs
- Pain in the veins that increases after standing or sitting for a long time
- There are different symptoms of varicose veins. Some may experience discomfort. Common symptoms include: Skin ulcers (open sores) near ankles (common signs of a vascular disease)
WON’T CLOSING THE VEIN DOWN HURT MY CIRCULATION?
Closing the diseased veins causes the blood to be re-routed into the healthy veins in the legs, therefore improving the circulation.
HOW ARE VARICOSE VEINS TREATED?
With years of experience in vein therapy, we choose the most suitable treatments for your vein condition. Our treatments include the following:
- Sclerotherapy (injection therapy): a small procedure that injects a solution into the vein that causes it to close up and fade. This procedure is the most effective for smaller surface veins. Before conducting this treatment we will make sure that there are no reasons why you should not have this treatment.
- Endovenous Ablation: this treatment is usually reserved for larger varicose veins. It is the most advanced treatment using radiofrequency energy to heat the vein that is flowing in the wrong direction (which causes the vein to bulge). This radio frequency will shrink the vein so the blood can no longer flow in the wrong direction through the vein.
- Phlebectomy: After the source of the varicose vein is treated, the vein itself can be removed using tiny incisions and a very small hook. This method leads to a favorable cosmetic result.
WHAT DOES THE RADIO FREQUENCY ABLATION TREATMENT DO?
A small radio frequency catheter is inserted into the vein and the vein is heated from inside which shrinks the vein from inside causing it to shut down. Local anesthesia is used and no hospitalization is required. There is no down time – patients are able to walk and go back to their normal activities, go back to work, etc. immediately after the treatment.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF VEIN TREATMENT?
There are very few side effects, if any. Most commonly this consists of mild discomfort or tenderness or mild bruising over the treated vein. The risk of any serious complications are less than 5%. Before your treatment, the staff at Premier Vein and Vascular will ensure that you are aware of all the risks and benefits of the recommended procedures.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
CALL US TO CONSULT WITH OUR EXPERTS
At Premier Vein & Vascular Center, our specialists are committed to providing you with the best vascular treatments to relieve your discomfort and restore health to your legs and veins. If you still have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 832-772-4899 for a consultation.